The Importance Of Du'a As Taught By Prophet Muhammad SAW

Ad Du'a or prayer in Islam
Rasulullah Muhammad Shallallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam (SAW) did a lot of Du'a or prayer, begging and shows dependence to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala (SWT). Rasulullah (SAW) really like the short sentences but full of meaning and also like the utterances of prayer.

In a hadith Rasulullah (SAW) said: "Du'a is the weapon of a Muslim, a pillar for the Deen (religion) and Noor (light) of the heavens and the earth."

Du'a is a very great worship, which should not be deluded besides to Allah (SWT). The essence of Du'a is to show our dependence to Allah (SWT), and escape from the power and efforts of God's creatures. Du'a for muslims is also a sign of Ubudiyah (the totality of self servitude to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala).

Du'a is also a symbol of human frailty. In the Du'a usually contained praise and worship to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. In addition it also contained the nature of trustees and generous of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Therefore Rasulullah Muhammad (SAW) said, which means: "Du'a is the essence of worship" (HR: Tirmidhi)

In between the du'a that are often done by Rasululloh (SAW) is, which means: "O Allah help me and don’t help against me, support me, and do not give victory over me, plot for me, and don’t plot against me, guide me and facilitate the guidance for me, and give me victory against those rebellious against me, O Allah make me amongst those who are grateful, and remember you, and fear from you alone, and obey you alone, and for you I conceal all the good deeds, for you I supplicate and repent, O Allah accept my repentance, abolish my sin." [Tirmidhi 3551]

Du'a isn't only for asking Allah (SWT) to give us everything we want. It is also to thank Allah (SWT) for all the great things He has done for us, ask protection from doing anything wrong, ask for forgiveness and to ask for Allah (SWT) to give us a happy life in this world and in the Hereafter. After all the more you thank Allah (SWT) the more He gives you.

When we are starting our du’a, we should always start by saying: Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: A du'a that doesn't have Bismillah- ir- Rahman- ir- Raheem at the beginning of it is rejected. A du'a should begin in the name of Allah, putting all trust and hope in Him alone. Describing Him as Kind and Merciful creates confidence that the du'a will not be rejected. The du'a should also contain shalawaat (blessings) on Prophet Muhammad Shallallahu 'Alaihi Wasallam.

Related Articles


Latest Articles


99 Beautiful Names Of Allah (SWT) To Allah (SWT) belongs 99 names, 100 minus 1, anyone who fully understand and memorize them all will enter his Paradise; He (Allah) is odd (Like odd number, Because he is One And the Only One), and He loves odd numbers. "Allah, There is no God but He. To Him belongs the Most Beautiful Names." (Qur'an 20:8)